Allergens Found in Our Shop:
- Nuts and Nut By-Products
- Eggs and Egg By-Products
- Milk and Dairy Products
- FD&C Yellow #5
- We require a non-refundable deposit which is half of the total amount for all orders and this is due a minimum of one week prior to the date of the party or at the time of ordering.
- Due to the time-intensive job for decorations, we can only take limited orders per day. If an order is canceled by a customer, any payment made on your order is non-refundable and non-transferable. If canceled at least 120 hours (5 days) in advance (based on order date and pick-up time) we will be happy to transfer any payment made on that order to another order within 6 months from that date.
Refunds / Exchanges
- Due to the tedious, handcrafted nature of our products, we are unable to provide refunds or exchanges for custom orders
- Once you or a designated party has picked up an order and paid for it, it is considered “accepted” – we will ask to make sure that everything is correct such as the design, spelling, etc. Refunds requested due to decorating style, writing, color shade, or general design will not be honored after signing for your cake. In some instances, you may bring the cake back in for design adjustments but this is an additional charge if the cake has been signed for
- All products are the responsibility of the customer once you pick up your order. We are not responsible for any damage occurring to the cake during transport, set-up, or any time thereafter. You will be given instructions on how to carry, transport, and store your cake upon pick up. Keep in mind that cakes are very fragile and damages can happen if not handled properly – such as cracks, smudges, melted frosting, etc. We only give refunds in accordance with the refund policies stated below.
- Cake flavor and texture are subjective. Full refunds requested due to flavor or texture after the cake has been accepted and picked up will not be honored. You may qualify for a percentage of a store credit if the product is brought back and the quality of the cake flavor or texture is determined to not meet our standards. Cakes must be brought back to us within a timely manner, preferably within 24 hours of pick up – please call or email us promptly to let us know of the issue. Quality determination is solely at the discretion of Cakes by Claire. Please understand that we cannot issue refunds for cakes that have already been completely eaten. *Store credit percentages are based on how quickly the cake is returned, how much has been consumed, and what we determine the quality to be. Store credits of any kind will not be issued to customers who do not contact us within 48 hours.
The following scenario is the only instance when we will provide a refund:
- If you come to our store for pick up or if upon delivery the cake does not meet your expectations, we will give you a refund (minus a 25% handling/cancellation fee). This refund will be given as a store credit (no cash/money refunds will be given) NOTE: If we give you a refund, you CAN NOT keep the cake. You can only get a refund if you refuse to “accept” the cake. We will NOT negotiate a partial refund if you keep the cake. This is a “take it or leave it” policy. We are not responsible for any expense you may incur for replacing our cake.
***We do not give refunds under any other circumstances. Refunds are only given when you cancel the order 2 weeks in advance of the pickup or delivery date.
Cancellation / Changes
- Changes and cancellations to retail orders are accepted until 120 hours (5 days) prior to the scheduled pick-up time. No refunds will be provided for any payments made on the order no matter the amount – if canceled at least 120 hours in advance we will be happy to transfer any payment made on that order to another order within 3 months from that date. We will provide no other refunds regardless of the circumstances. 2 tier Cakes require at least one week’s notice if changes want to be made to the cake, to change the date, or to cancel. You will be required to pay the full amount if the order is canceled with less notice. This does not apply to orders that have contracts.
Guarantee / Disclaimer
- We do all that we can to make sure that your order is decorated to the specification on your written order form. Upon pick-up of your cake, adjustments can be made for an additional charge if it was not stated on your original order. If for some reason something is not decorated correctly as stated on your order, we will make necessary changes right away.
- Every order is hand-made. Decorative finishes are done by hand and are subject to the artistic interpretation of our expert cake decorators. You may provide us with a photograph for inspiration and duplication; however, we make no claims for an exact duplication of the work done by other cake decorators.
All orders are subject to these policies listed above.
Once you make the total payment, you agree to these policies.